When we conserve forests:
- We protect the wildlife, scenic views and wide-open spaces that make the Southwest beautiful.
- We demonstrate ecologically-based management of forest and ranch lands.
- We maintain access to forest resources and the ability to manage them for a variety of purposes, including wood and non-timber forest products. Natural ecological processes can continue to sustain the ecosystem.
- We preserve the values and character of our rural communities.
People in the Southwest have always had a close connection to the land, and forests help define our cultural heritage.
The Forest Trust works to conserve forests.
Forest Trust's strategies are proven:
- We help landowners protect their forest and ranch lands.
- We provide direct one-on-one assistance to landowners and help identify workable solutions to conserve
- We work with people in rural communities to manage their forests and work in the woods.
- We provide forestry consultation on a fee-for-service basis.
The Forest Trust's mission is to protect forests, to promote forest practices that lead to a healthy environment and to support rural communities.
The Forest Trust promotes forest management that supports
The Forest Trust is experienced:
LAND DONATION - A donation of conservation land is a wonderful way to share its beauty with future generations. The donation can even be set up in a way that allows you to continue to live on the land or to receive a life income.
CONSERVATION EASEMENT - In a legal agreement between a landowner and a land trust, you give up some of the rights associated with the land. For example, you might give up the right to build additional structures, while retaining the right to practice forestry. An easement may apply to just a portion of the property, and need not require public access. Granting the easement can result in reduced income and estate tax.
BARGAIN SALE OF LAND - Selling land to the land trust at less that its fair market value can provide tax benefits to you and make it affordable for the land trust.
The Forest Trust's mission is to protect private forests and range lands
through conservation easements, land acquisition, and the application of environmentally sound management. Protecting working forests and lands adjacent to national forests are the program priorities.
our mission ...
protecting our forest lands.
FOREST TRUST P.O. Box 8309 Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504 505-983-4244 p 505-986-0798 f